DR. GUY JEANTY, LMHC, LMFT, SAP
Dr. Jeanty earned a doctorate in Marriage & Family Therapy from Nova Southeastern University. He has over 20 years of experience in Family Systems Therapy, a mode of treatment that he skillfully incorporates in working with clients.
As a counselor, Dr. Jeanty has worked with the Department of Children and Families, providing court mandated counseling to emotionally distressed children and families; he has conducted supervised therapeutic family visitations, mental health evaluations and personality assessments. As an educator, he has taught students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. He taught graduate students in the field of mental health at Capella University and Carlos Albizu University, Miami, Florida. He has supervised Mental Health Interns and Marriage & Family Therapy Interns, helping them improve their skills as counselors and guiding interns in becoming licensed counselors. A number of organizations and individuals have recognized Dr. Jeanty for his work as a mental health professional.
Crisis intervention is also an area of specialization for Dr. Jeanty. His calm demeanor, competency and professionalism have gained him respect as an effective clinician. He conducts crisis intervention at area hospitals and businesses through education, training, consulting, and support services in the aftermath of traumatic incidents in the workplace or events that occur outside of work but impact people at work. He collaborated with the U. S. Customs and Border Protection’s Traumatic Incidents & Events Response Team after the Fort Lauderdale airport shooting to assist airport staff in managing the effects of the trauma. Dr. Jeanty was recommended and assisted the U. S. Customs and Border Protection agents/officers in the Florida Keys after hurricane Irma, and he was also sought out for deployment to Puerto Rico after the devastation of hurricane Maria, serving agents/officers in Aguadilla and San Juan.
Dr. Jeanty has served as a board member of the American Association of Integrative Medicine, a board member of Broward County’s Agency for Persons with Disabilities, a member of the Faulk Professional Leadership Council at Faulk Center for Counseling in Boca Raton, FL. He is now a volunteer Family Mediator at the Broward County Court.
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
- Mental Health and Family Therapy Clinical Supervisor
- Hypnotherapist, Milton H. Erickson Foundation, Inc.
- Member of the Florida Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- Department of Transportation, Substance Abuse Professional
- Member of the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator
- Member of the Association of South Florida Mediators and Arbitrators
- Member of the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation, Inc.
- Member of the Florida Firefighters Safety and Health Collaborative